Team Member, Employee Relations Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA). Latest Nigerian Jobs, Hot Nigerian Jobs (Jobberman Jobs)
Apply for Team Member, Employee Relations Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Employee Relations
Job Type: Permanent
- We are currently seeking a TM, Employee Relations (Work Ethics). The candidate for this position must have good writing and communication skill, and a good understanding of labour laws and the organisation’s policies.
- The TM, Employee Relations (Work Ethics) is involved with the disciplinary process & consequence management, industrial relations, litigation, active and ex-staff issues and CBN returns.
- Review reports of wrongdoings from different parts of the bank.
- Intermediate where necessary and sanction staff where the infraction is established.
- Review reports for Disciplinary Committee and initiates DC proceedings once investigation reports are received.
- Organise logistics for Disciplinary Committee sitting.
- Take minutes of Disciplinary Committee sittings.
- Guide Disciplinary Committee on policy provision vis-à-vis the infractions committed.
- Implement Disciplinary Committee decisions/recommendations.
- Review and formulate policies in conjunction with Risk Management, ensuing from gaps identified at DCS or emerging trends.
- Manage ASSBIFI, NUBIFIE and NUP.
- Coordinate occasional meetings with the different unions.
- Manage the relationship between the Unions effectively to achieve industrial peace and harmony.
- Advise Management on pain points of unionists and vice versa.
- Update ASSBIFI/NUBIFIE on emerging directions of the Bank as it affects the staff and ensures union buy-in.
- Liaise with PFA for the processing of pension payments.
- Liaise with expense management to process ex-gratia pension payment on the payday of every month.
- Receive and review complaints/petitions from active/ex-staff.
- Send an acknowledgement letter to the complainant.
- Review the staff records vis-à-vis complaints/petitions.
- Liaise with responsible officers and units for resolution.
- Seek Management’s approval for HCM’s recommendation based on the agreed resolution as may be necessary.
- Advice complainants of the outcome of their complaint /petition.
- Identify and collate staff disengaged from the bank on the grounds of fraud and forgeries.
- Prepare a schedule indicating the data for the period under review.
- Forward to Chief Inspector for review.
- Forward to Group Head, Human Resources for concurrence.
- Forward to GMD/CEO for sign-off.
- Forward the schedule to Investigations Unit for onward delivery to CBN in compliance with their circular.
- Forward the schedule to regulatory reporting for onward delivery to CBN.
- Download a list of sanctions bank-wide for the period under review.
- Review the list and align it with the necessary requirements/templates for payroll.
- Notify the relevant parties i.e. payroll team for proper application.
- Receive report from legal department on ex-staff’s statement of claims.
- Review the ex-staff’s records and respond to the statement of claim.
- Make a court appearance as a witness for the bank on the designated court date.
- Work in conjunction with compensation to advise the total staff benefits where decisions are in favour of the ex-staff and compensations are awarded.
- Forward advised benefits to legal for onward processing.
- First Degree in Law (LLB), Industrial Relations or any related field of study.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent knowledge of Labour Law.
- Good knowledge of the organisation’s policies and code of conduct.
- Organizational skills.
- Effective Communication.
- Good writing skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Creative thinking.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online