The Lagos State University (LASU), located at Ojo, was established as a Public University in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Associate Research Professor (CONUASS 6)
Unit: Centre for Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline
- Candidates must have at least Eight (8) years Post-Doctoral teaching and research experience in a University system or relevant institution.
- Candidates must have a minimum of Ten (10) years teaching and research experience in a University system or relevant institution.
- Candidates must demonstrate dear evidence of scholarship through considerable academic publications, at least Twenty-Five (25), in recognized journals of local and international repute, which must be in their area of specialization.
The University adopts the Consolidated University Academic Salary Structure (CONUASS).
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Thirty (30) copies of detailed Application including photocopies of credentials (O’ Level Result inclusive). The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
- Name in Full with Surname first (Boldly Written)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic / Professional Qualifications (with dates and institutions)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present position
- Current Research
- List of Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name, Address and Telephone Numbers of three (3) referees
- Telephone and E-mail Address (Self)
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed.
Candidates should please include Three (3) self-addressed envelopes with Stamp of Fifty Naira (N50:00) only on each. All applications with supporting documents should be addressed and submitted to:
Lagos State University,
Badagry Expressway, Ojo,
P. M. B. 0001, Lagos State University,
Post Office, Ojo,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.