Snapchat is the perfect app for taking beautiful photos and videos but what happens when you delete a Snapchat memory and would like to recover it. Here’s a guide for you.
If you’re familiar with the Snapchat app then you should know there’s no “Recycle bin” option where you can see your deleted photos or videos for up to 30 days.
However, recovering your Snapchat Memories shouldn’t be a problem after going through this post as I’ll show you 3 proven guides to getting back deleted photos or videos on Snapchat.
What are Snapchat Memories?
Snapchat Memories is simply a section on the Snapchat app where you can see your snaps and stories in either pictures or video form. Also, remember that you can import photos from your camera roll to your Snapchat Memories for easy backup.
Memories are account dependent and as such all your saved snaps and memories will reappear once you login to that same account on another device… So you can decide to use Snapchat in place of Google photos or Samsung gallery.
Having known these, if by any chance you delete your Snapchat photos or videos or forgot to back them up to your memories, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted Snapchat Memories.
The guide works for both Android and ios users, so, Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Memories on Snapchat
There are many ways to recover a deleted photo on Snapchat but I am going to show you just 3 of them.
Recover Snapchat Memories by Requesting Data from Snapchat
Here’s one proven method to recover your deleted snaps and stories.
- Open the Snapchat app and navigate to Settings
- Click on “My Data” Under the “Privacy” option
- You can likewise visit the Snapchat My Data site by clicking on that link.
- Login to your Snapchat account by inputting your details, you can recover a password if forgotten.
- You’ll be redirected to the “my data” page where you can see the “data available in-app” and “data available for download”.
- Scroll to the bottom and re-confirm your email
- Click on “Submit Request” to forward your request.
Viola. Your account data will be ready for download almost immediately but within 24hours at most. You will get an email notification once it’s ready for download.